Right from her boost of globalisation and digitisation, which came instead of becoming a part of the preceding process, technical industries have witnessed a major upswing in the development of applications. At this time, our government also concentrates force into making the country a digital embodiment to the world with the slogan, “Digital India” expanding at a tremendous speed.
This digital revolution has brought into account the availability of the internet, technical devices, and awareness of the internet to the general public. This general public is not confined to the middle class and high class of society. Rather, we all have witnessed across the streets, houses, institutions, and other places that even the lower section of society, which is primarily labour class and other wage workers, also possess these technological deliberately. Gone are the times when only a few households occupied a certain telephone.
In today’s time, even a vegetable street vendor gets hold of the latest mobile phone in the market. What comes along with these mobile phones and other devices are the applications. Whether it is a small, old android mobile phone or the most expensive brat of the family, one thing that manifests as common is mobile applications. According to BuildFire, there are around 2.87 million apps on the play store up for downloading.
Well, we have talked a lot about the consumer side of the story; let’s now peek into the developer’s side of the tale. Mobile app development has come a long way. In a world where there’s an app for almost everything, the developers are on the verge of exhaustion each day. But, that doesn’t portray the unfavourable aspect at all; after all, this expedition means greater work opportunities for them. Below is a detailed analysis of how mobile app development UK has become the dominant front of the digital market and why it is significant.
Why Mobile App Development Is The New Craze in Every Business?
Ranging from a new startup to a big tech company, everyone needs an application that broadens the prospect of success for that venture. Let us look at the growing importance of mobile applications in these times:
- Android and iOS mobile apps developed by the mobile app development agency allow businesses to reach out to a larger audience without much effort on an individual basis. These businesses can promote, stretch their scope, availability to a mass audience.
- Apps are a medium to communicate directly with the customers seamlessly and attain their feedback and demands in a simple way.
- These apps can generate dividends individually. Let alone the business, and now you have another income source. Isn’t that great?
- There’s scope for custom made applications these days. Any business, startup, new venture or old enterprises can get hold of apps that are purely built based on their recommendations of features and needs. These tailored developments are so much in vogue now that big companies opt for custom apps instead of ready-made ones in order to elevate their and their customers’ experience.
- Not only this, mobile app development agencies in the UK even have the scope for innovation through the applications thus built. Mobile apps amass innovation capacity over time. You can gradually add new features and update your app.
It’s time we move on towards comprehending the procedure of mobile app development.
What Is The Procedure Of Mobile App Development?
Mobile app development agencies in UK and App development agencies in Melbourne follow a simple 6 stage procedure for developing high-end mobile streaming apps. Follow up-to deduce the significant process:
- STRATEGY: Strategising the application development process right from the interface development to the deployment is a crucial notch. This stage is marked by brainstorming ideas and collaborating them into one strategic plant. I develop the blueprint of how the app is to be developed in the long run. Mobile app development agencies thrust upon this step in order to obtain the desired high fidelity and high-performance application.The step is crucial in the aspect that it helps the owner to decipher and construct expectations accordingly. As one app’s objectives could disagree with another, there’s still associate degree app-specific impact to the quality strategy to handle throughout the event method.
In this part, you will:
« determine the app users
« analysis of the competition
« Establish the app’s goals and objectives
The strategy helps you to gain a clearer perspective on the application’s result.
- ANALYSIS AND PLANNING: this is the phase when all the efforts of the owner and the developers actually take shape. The brainstorming previously done to accumulate various ideas into one platter are now revised and scrutinised. However, mobile app development UK works on scrutinising each step to eliminate any chances of error in the future.
At this step, the analysis is quite precise and stringent so that the ideas can finally form an attractive silhouette. This phase commemorates the beginning of the roadmap of the application and prioritisation of the mobile app requirements and assemblage of the same into delivery landmarks.
Apart from this, planning on the tools to be hard, requirements of disparate skills, programming systems to use, the operating system to deploy, finalising developers with required skill sets, etc., is also a significant portion of this stage.
- USER INTERFACE AND USER EXPERIENCE DEVELOPMENT: subsequent to analysis and planning, the next phase is selecting and developing UI/UX designs. This phase is the core of any mobile application development, as inferred by the app development agencies in Melbourne, Australia. Endeavour, in this stage, decides the kind of exposure your customer is going to attain through your app. Hence, the development of a seamless and high performing user interface and UX design is critical for both the owner and the customers.
Innovative, high fidelity designs are a must for any application to keep the customer enticed into using your app. Since the customers do not pay heed to the extensive effort that goes into developing an app, the end outcome is all that matters to them. And, if the outcome is not up to the mark, the customer might likely refrain from using the app and further convince others not to use it too. This can be a huge loss on the consumer side to the owner of the app. Hence, the mobile app development agencies in the UK pay meticulous attention towards developing the best UI/UX designs.
This phase has further substages that are equally crucial as they constitute the end development of UI/UX designs. These are:
« Data architecture and workflows: as the name suggests, this phase is concerned with the complete playout of data. What data does the consumer obtain, which data deployed where, what data interaction is to occur, what data is to be collected from the user, etc. All this information is crucial and needs to be comprehended meticulously.
« Wireframes: wireframes are what sketches on digital mediums look like. App development agency Melbourne has expertise in developing these wireframes. Wireframes are the abstract configurations of the apps. Here, finally, a visual structure is given to the app. Aesthetics, designs, and user experience are the major areas of focus in this substage. This approach is widely pursued by various mobile development agencies in the UK as well.
« Style manual: this stage of the user experience and interface allows the developer to keep a recorded document that includes the company’s branding and navigation logo. It deliberately deciphers the information on the following aspects: •fonts of texts, • colour scheme, •position of the company’s brand logo, etc.
« Mockups: these are the high commitment designs of the app. Mockups help render the app a final visual design. Mockups are established by correlating the style guide with wireframes. This sub-stage marks the commencement of the end of the development of the app. At this stage, mobile development agencies focus on improving the application’s architecture, wireframes, logos, workflow, and aesthetics. The most preferred app used for this stage is Adobe Photoshop.
- APP DEVELOPMENT: now is the phase which you’ve been waiting for for so long. The app development stage constitutes the major work area of the whole process. Before the start of planning work, planning should be an integral part of this phase. A conventional mobile app development agency Melbourne focuses on formulating the app as a combined entity of three vital parts: back end technology, APIs and the mobile app front end.
Let us further elaborate on these fractions:
« Back end technology: This half includes information and server-side objects necessary for supporting functions of your mobile app. If you are utilising a pre existing back end platform, modifications are also required to support the specified mobile practicality.
« APIs: expanded as Application Programming Interface, APIs are merely a medium of communication between the back end technologies and mobile apps.
« Front end development: it refers to the native mobile app the consumer can use. Typically, mobile apps consist of interactive user experiences. These user experiences formed by using an API and a back end technology for supervising information. The developers have a wide variety of web programming languages and databases to choose from for the back end. For native mobile apps, you’ve got to settle on a technology stack needed by every mobile OS platform.
iOS apps assembled using objective-C or Swift programming language. But, for Android apps development, the languages can be chosen from Java or Kotlin.
As the development phase of this stringent procedure is over, the next phase, another essential stage, pops in- testing.
- TESTING: Now, we all know any production is incomplete without testing. Several mobile app development agencies focus on meticulous testing of the app developed after a lengthy procedure. Be it the production of cookies in a factory or the development of a mobile app in the app development agency Melbourne, or Mobile app development in the UK and each procedure must go through the scrutiny stage of the app this developed.
The basic testing is done through a Quality Assurance (QA) test. This enables the developer to test the stability, security and usability of the app. While the previously mentioned test is a basic test, several other types of testing allow a developer to test the viability and different aspects of the app. These are:
« User experience: as user experience plate plays a major role in the usability of an app, it is highly recommended that once the application is fully developed, the user experience is meticulously checked. There should be a criterion for a seamless experience, easy manipulation, effortless navigation, outstanding workflows, decent interactivity, etc.
« Testing of functions: the functionality should be tested by as many users as possible. The functionality of the app decides the future of your app. If the functioning is not smooth and bug resistant, the app would most likely fail on a larger audience basis.
« Performance testing: this type of testing is rather objective and has certain quantifiable aspects to it. These are:
- If the app is responding adequately to the user’s commands?
- Is the speed of screen loading of the app satisfactory or not?
- Is the app compatible with the mobile phone? Or is it draining the battery of the device too much?
- The size is adequate, or is it bigger or smaller than desired?
« Security check: next in line is the security testing of the app. We all seek security in our immediate environments. And when it comes to digital security, it is of utmost importance. The vigilance over the security of the app is crucial. There should be a minimised risk of getting hacked.
« Device and platform test: the market welcomes several new devices every 12 months or so. These new devices are updated with features, functions and performance. An app developed at a point in time would obviously face the new devices after some time. Hence, the app must be compatible with current and upcoming devices.
- APP DEPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT: this is the last, but not the least, stage of the procedure. Mobile app development agencies hire other agencies that hold expertise in the deployment of applications. On abatement of the app development procedure, the app is released to be put on the play store, apps store, iOS store, etc.
Apps within the app store needs making ready data, including:
- The app’s designation
- Description of the app
- Category among the various present
- Launch icon
- App Store screenshots
Well, there’s one thing to notice here. A review process follows the deployment in the App Store of iOS. While it does not manifest for the Android apps.
With that, we abate the guide of the procedure of mobile app development and the ways UK and Melbourne app development agencies work to elevate your experience. In this world of digital advancements, make sure you hire a reputable agency that can meet your needs meticulously and help take your business venture to new heights.
If you want to build your mobile app, then WEDOWEBAPPS LTD mobile app development agency welcomes you with your idea. With a successful decade in this industry, we know how to shape your vision and make a successful app. Whether you are a startup company or Fortune 50, we have the team and knowledge to deliver a great mobile app. Do not hesitate to contact us today.