Whether it is a birthday gift, a t-shirt, a vehicle, or a basic car key, today we want everything customized as per our needs and likings. But when it comes to the various websites on the internet, many businesses choose to settle for the typical ready-made themes. It’s time that these people understand the extensive need to procure custom-made websites to expedite their business growth. Gone are the times when only a selective business had their websites out there. Nowadays, almost everyone is procuring a website in order to get hold of a secure position in a highly competitive market.
Web development agencies nowadays are at a gross profit due to the extended demands of custom-made websites over ready-made themes. We all know that there is a website for almost everything these days. According to Seetify.com, as of January 2021, there are around 1,197,982,359 million websites in the entire world currently. Why not? People opt for developing websites so that they can interact with the virtual world easily and meet the substantial demands of their end customers while opening the prospect of reaching out to a large audience.
The notion floating today says that the audience would be better able to comprehend the business through a website since most of our day is spent online in this digital world.
This blog focuses on explaining to you the difference between custom-made and ready-made website themes. Following are the topics that will be covered:
- What are the custom-made websites?
- Advantages of custom-made websites
- Disadvantages of custom-made websites
- What are the ready-made websites?
- Advantages of ready-made websites
- Disadvantages of ready-made websites
- Why are custom-made websites a step ahead of ready-made website themes?
- Final word
What Are Custom Made Websites?
As the name suggests, custom-made websites are web designs that are exceptionally designed to meet the client’s particular needs. It includes the development of a personalized website that contains features exclusively selected by the client. Now this client could be anyone, ranging from a small business owner to a big tech company or a small startup to a renowned educational institution.
Custom-made websites are tailored according to the requirements of the clients who further consider the needs of their end customers. Businesspersons can opt for custom-made websites when they are sure of the requirements at their customer’s front. In a business, it is important that customer’s welfare is considered deliberately to gain confidence and hence proliferate its growth.
Custom-made websites help in the sustenance of the long-term goals of the business. You might tend to believe that it is just a waste of time, but trust us, a vast number of companies have benefited from the splendour of custom-made websites. You can easily pick the features and eliminate those not needed when getting your website theme customized by web development services UK.
Now, let us collectively glance at the various benefits a custom-made website can provide you and your business with:
Advantages of custom-made websites:
- A custom website serves just the right purpose of a website developed for a business venture. You can deploy a web development agency to get your website designed in such a way that it meets your purpose. Whether it is generating traffic, increasing SEO, expediting sales, or any other purpose, you can choose web development services UK and get them optimized as per your wish.
- The liberty to design the website in whatever way seems feasible to you. Augment at will whatever features you want and abstain from the pones you do not require on your website. This characteristic can save you from spending a lot on new features. Why pay for something you don’t want and use when you can choose exactly as per your needs?
- Custom-made websites are your own, in every aspect. Since you have meticulously selected the features, there are almost zero chances that any other website would resemble yours. Isn’t that great? You own the unique and intriguing features of a website solely without fearing the imputations of copying someone or their concepts.
- Each and every business strives to construct a website in line with its requirements. But what seems to be a priority is the fact that an exceptional user experience is a must! What’s the point of giving thousands to a web development agency if the website thus created does not provide a better user experience, further making your audience lose interest in your venture?
We are coming to the disadvantages of a custom website.
Disadvantages of custom websites:
- Each day is crucial at this time when the digital market is growing at an unprecedented pace. Custom-made websites might be highly reliable and lucrative in the long run, the fact that the development of a custom website consumes an exponential amount of time. Most businesses are ever in a racing position with their competitors. If at this stage, they elect to spend days on the development of a specifically curated website, they might lose the race, anyhow.
- The sky-touching costs of developing custom websites are another drawback. While it is highly recommended for meeting the needs of a business, the fact that it can lighten your pockets very rapidly remains silent in most discussions. Only if one can meet the expenses of a custom-made website should they dive into the world of further benefits.
- Not everyone’s cup of tea: what seems to be highly lucrative for your business venture can seem to be a problematic task for web development agencies. It is not easy to develop a website that is exclusively designed for a particular person. Adding on to the prerequisites of a website that the developer has learned can be a tedious task.
Now, since we have come across custom websites’ details, let us proceed towards the next in line, ready-made websites.
What Are Ready Made Websites?
The opposite of custom-made websites is ready-made websites. These websites are built using already existing themes. Several web development services UK provide the scope of opting for the simpler and easier prospect of ready-made websites. These websites do not need to be built right from the scratch. They can be developed for readily available frameworks and themes. Developers find it easy to develop these websites for their customers as it does not require the developer’s additional efforts.
Also Read: I Need a Websites Designers. Where and How Can I Find One?
Several websites have been built on the premises of the concept of ready-made websites. These days, however, demand for ready-made websites has seen a decline because of the extensive needs of the businesses. But yet being less in demand, there are several factors that lead numerous entities to go for ready-made websites. Let us take a look at these beneficiaries.
Advantages of ready-made websites:
- For new startups and small businesses at the commencement phase, ready-made websites tend to be the only option because of the non-availability of additional funds. Thus, if you are just commencing your business venture, it is better to opt for a ready-made website.
- Apart from this, ready-made websites are also less time-consuming. It allows the business person to focus on other crucial aspects of his/her business rather than just curating special features for the website.
- Also, for the development of ready-made websites, web development services UK assume that it comes in handy with the preexisting themes available.
- Most eminent windfall of ready-made websites is that they can get updated automatically when it is time. Hence, the hassle of keeping an eye on the bugs and viruses is eliminated.
- Ready-made websites, as earlier pronounced, are easier to manage. You can easily install these by hiring a web development company who can do the job for you.
Moving on, it’s time to face the disadvantages of ready-made websites.
Disadvantages of ready-made websites:
- Since the website is built on already present themes, your business’s chances of compatibility reduce to a greater extent. You may find certain features that are totally out of line with your business venture. In order to get the desired features inculcated in the website, one needs to spend that extra penny.
- In today’s time when almost each business venture is opting for website development for their growth, a recurring problem is mediocrity. No one wants to be in the average phase of the spectrum. Each business wishes to stand out. This website emanates as a huge problem over time. The uniqueness feature in a ready-made website theme is lost.
- If at some point, you wish to discontinue the website, there can be a mess. You may not find it easy to abate the functioning of the website or website. Since the ready-made website themes are updated automatically, it gets tedious to keep updated with the technology.
- When there are a number of useful and wasteful functions on your website, an emerging issue will be of slow functioning and hampered performance.
- With that being said, it is time that we talk about the supremacy of custom websites over ready-made websites.
Why Custom-Made Websites Are a Step Ahead Than Ready-Made Website Themes?
- Saves time and money: Although the time, effort and money spent on custom websites reach quite higher on the graph when compared to the ready-made website themes, it is evident that in the long run, it is the development of custom-made website themes that actually saves you the additional charges. When opting for web development services UK, several clients have enquired about a detailed analysis of custom- and ready-made websites. The conclusive data shows that custom websites are better in the long run. When you choose ready-made website development, it comes with its extra expenditure of installation, support and so on.
- Elevated user experience response: as stated earlier, the custom websites’ user experience is better than that of ready-made websites. Hence, to bring out the best in your business, custom websites are the most lucrative. The android operating system is simpler and flexible when it works with the specifically curated website customized for business purposes.
- Reach an extended audience: the internet is being used in almost worldwide mobile systems. Thus, creating a website customized meticulously would mean that it has accessibility to this same number of users, thus making you reach a massive number of people at once.
- Better business security: since the custom website themes are unique in their development, deployment, and installation, there is negligible chances that the architect of the website would be known to someone other than you and your developers. This characteristic helps in fortifying the security of your website.
- Stand out from the crowd: you choose the features, decide what goes into your website and whatnot, you select the deployment process. Since the whole development is managed by you single-handedly, your creativity and your mind’s excellence is put into the website development that can make you stand out from the crowd of other similar competitors.
From the above discussion, it can be inferred that custom websites stand at a higher step at a podium where ready-made websites acquire a lower position. This conclusion is in line with the various points and aspects discussed above. Customization is in vogue nowadays, and so should be your websites- customized and curated as per your needs. Although the discussion above has been towards a clear indication, you are still free to decide depending on your state of compatibility.
Yes, creating a custom web theme is more complex, but if you leave it for us, you don’t have to worry! Contact the WEDOWEBAPPS LTD team for custom web development services UK for your next website.